HybridZ

Fuel temp sensor Remove?

ZR8ED

Hey guys. I just got myself a nice guage and SS braided steel hose to have an underhood fuel pressure guage.

One problem.

I have a fuel temp sensor that is part of the stock 300zxt FI. It was originally set up on the fuel rail, to tell the ecu to increase the amount of fuel to compensate for higher temp fuel in the rail.

I modded this sensor and using an adapter, I have it hooked up to the extra fitting location on my pressure regulator on the fender. I'm sure it doesn't have the same function (fuel can't get as hot there, as it would on the fuel rail itselft.) So. I would like to disconnect it, and use that fitting mount to install my pressure guage. Do you think I could just unhook it?.. ground it?

I will likely just unhook it and drive around and see if it runs different. If it runs richer, thats ok, and I can compensate if it runs leaner as well. I'm just not sure what the ecu will do with no signal?

Any ideas?

It will be after the weekend before I can try anyhow..

Thanks,

Scott.