HybridZ

What to buy question?

innerware

O.k. so finaly I have a few bucks to put into the car. What do you all think and where do you recomend getting them?

1. 1" lowering stiffer springs (Tokico, msa ?)

2. rear strut inserts. (nothing fancy kyb maybe?)

3. 4x4 vented front brake package (Modernmotorsport?)

s12w Calipers (junkyard or new?)

4. I need to replace my rear brake cylinders, shoes and drums (msa? and I allready have new shoes and used drums are lined up)

Right now the car is basically stock with the exception of the JTR radiator. It is a 78 280z coupe and I want a new faster engine down the road. V8 maybe, but always open to suggestions. I am slowly trying to address issues that I would need to with a bigger engine now since it is my daily driver and I can't afford a swap yet. I have 800 to 1k to spend. What are your suggestions and or opinions?

Thanks

Sorry, I meant to post this in suspension forum.

I recommend putting your $$$ into suspension and brakes. Do the complete polyurethane bushing upgrade, strut inserts, and springs first, then see if you have any $$$ left.....then tackle the brake upgrades. However, if the brakes are currently in need of attention, get them squared away so you can stop safely. Other things to consider.....new bearings for the wheels, drive axles, and drive shaft.....maybe some sway bars, some good tires and wheels, address any cancer spots (rust), etc., etc. Isn't it a bitch that $$$ always slows up these projects. Good luck innerware!

Thanks. Yeah the rear brakes need attention but the front ones stop me fine now. I have been slowely been replacing the bushings too. Front struts are a couple years old so they are ok. The rear really need it and I figured since I was replacing them I would do the springs too. Best places to buy everything? Springs, struts etc? What kind do you all recomend and where to buy?

Thanks as always

Kyle

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33590&item=7920622335&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW I dont think you will be able to get close to that price. He even offers free shipping

Dont bother with the drums go with 240sx calipers in the rear and 4x4 in front with 800-1000 you should be able to do all of the above especially if you buy used calipers from ebay or jy shop around.

Good luck

I thought going 240sx in the rear was like 300 bucks just for the brackets and stuff? Then you have to get calipers and a proportioning valve etc. What is the basic cost you guys have scene with a rear disk conversion. I thought it was a little costly that is why I figured I would just keep the drums.

Thanks