HybridZ

Riddle me this?

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Guest TOOMBSTONE

So the 83 L28ET engine swap went unremarkably (that means good) got the ecu wired up and fired the car up. at this point everything is going "Swimmingly" car is running, making boost, but is gawd awful loud. (no exhaust yet) send it down to the local exhaust shop, they do a "fair" job of plumbing 2.5 from the factory down pipe out the back. Car runs great back to the shop. (4 miles) now it gets wierd.....

Decide that the factory fuel rail 'Has to go" order the JSK with fuel gage. it shows up, extract factory unit..... plumb up the JSK... fix a coupla leakers. fire the car up...... wholy sheought...... Blubbering black smoke out the back......... won't rev correctly...... and here is the fun part.

I can disconnect all but 1 (that's ONE, as in singular) injector ant it still runs...... even better, I can disable the fuel pump. (didn't use the zx regulator relay, just went IGN to a Bosch relay to the zx fuel pump) and it smooths out and runs better. ummm..... WTF? I need a sanity check here gents, whadthell is goin on here? I know it is not the fuel rail...... but I just wanted to give you a timeline. I am not running a regulator at this point, I am only acheiving 20lbs and do not believe that will "wash" the injectors. but remember it runs better with the fuel pump DISCONNECTED.

Rod.

sounds odd, maybe some electrical stuff got unplugged unknowingly?

even so, i'd put a fuel pressure regulator, the idle fuel pressure is usually like 40psi or so (little bit less, but yeah.) You should be able to use the stock one, just unscrew it from the rail and mount it somewhere behind the rail. I'd try that first before you do anything else. Just my opinion though =)

later,

-jon

Guest TOOMBSTONE

10 - 4, that was my next step. I am not ashamed to admit that this one has got me "perplexed" as far as the wiring, I have gone back over it seven different ways from sunday. I think maybe at this point I am "too close to the forrest to see the trees" if ya get my meta4.

again thanks for the reply. I hope I can figure this one out b4 I consider the water tower, naked with a high power rifle option.

Rod.