HybridZ

New Fuel Pump~ Failed!?

buZy

I just got my Z running after doing a ton of work. In short through it all I intalled a brand new electric Mallory 110 Comp Fuel Pump- Non regulated type. Yesterday out testing my ride the engine stopped right in the middle of traffic. It was a bad scence! Well I got the car home in one piece somehow and found out my new pump had seized up. No way. I thought this things is brand new with less than an hour on it and it failed. When I supply 12 volts to it, it just humms like the motor wont turn and then blows the in line fuse of course.

My questions to you all is. Are these pumps garbage? It looked like a nice unit and cost me a 140 bucks. Is it the rotor pump or motor that failed? Has anyone else experienced any similar failures with these mallory pump? Any help or input would be great.

P.S. I'm trying to post a test picture here of my Z so I hope it works

Brian[imhttp://hybridz.org/nuke/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/18552/thumb_240z%7E0.jpgg]

I'm in the market for a fuel pump also. I just read you posting asking what was the quietest pump, and you have I see bought the expesive quite malory.

Only to have it fail..

I wonder if some crap got into your new pump?

Let me know would you... Im so close to having my LT1 run.. I went to use my datsun pump only to find it in a rusty unuseable state....

So tell me how load was the pump before it failed????

Thanks

Terry

Hey Terry, Got your mail and sent you a responce on your DS set-up. Hey thats.. My car! Cool! Thanks for the help with the pics. I got it close but not quite. Here I'll try again on this post.

About the my fuel pump....I couldn't tell how loud it was or what it sounded liked before/during faliure. My exhaust mufflers are too loud to even here the Mallory pump which was my goal really as the other 'blue' holley pump was quite loud. As far as crap in my pump my fuel cell is clean and worked fine with the old pump. I have a filter before the pump so I cant see that being clogged either. I should add I have not jacked up the car yet but will be doing so. The pump is seized so I think it failed somehow and not just the case of not getting fuel to it.