HybridZ

Hello, I am a Z'aholic (step 1 is admitting it)

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Ok, so I just had to share, I did the 83 Turbo swap to my 72, have been fighting some Gremlins and a blatant DuMass error on my part. (MAF plug not seated) I had relocated the MAF and could not get a visual on the plug and everytime I tugged on it it seamed "locked" well it were'nt. 1 solid week of aggravation discovered today after I decided to Rewire the whole @#$%#$ thing. Seated the MAF plug and it ran great. So take it for a few test runs, check how it handles boost, etc.... bring it back and start to clean up the project. well I tach'ed er up a few times to check the BOV and that's when a 32 year old Plastic fan let loose..... and it wer'nt pretty. Ate the radiator, sliced the lower radiator hose. ahhh joy. Well at least I know what I am doing next weekend.

Rod.

P.S. Now introduce yourself and share.

Atleast it wasn't a metal fan.

Oh - now that brings back bad memories... My 70's metal fan ended up sticking one blade right through the hood, and then the rest of the fan ate the rad...

How did this happen, you may ask - missed the 3rd gear shift when racing one of those bitch'in new 5.0 mustangs in 1986.

T-stone - welcome to the crew. Chances are you're not going to recover from this with a 12-step program. I'm afraid that the condition is terminal....

Welcome

Doug

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Sadly, for me it all began in 1982. While living in Misawa Japan I got a 1974 FairladyZ, it had the monster motor, you know the notorious L20. Did some humongous suspension mods, Adjustable struts, springs, R200,...etc when I got back to the states in 84' yanked the l20 so a friend could put it into a triumphTR6 and I got my first L28, flat tops from NISMO, cam from Crane in Daytona, Head work done by a local shop with the big valves etc... and was finally able to utalize my 60mm DCOE weber carbs,.. Damn that car was fast.

Sold my last Z in 94 when my Son was born and stayed clean till the day after thanksgiving last year, I had been watching a clean 72 for some time and had asked the guy to call me if he ever thought about selling..... well he called me. I had already decided to buy it without ever seeing inside. well when I got there it was a mindblower orig 1972 63,004 miles, window sticker, orig bill of sale, orig registration, owners manual, radio manual, etc.... and 6 boxes of misc parts, radios, light switches, heater controls, bulbs, wiring harness' tool bags, while going through the stuff I almost wept'. So I have removed the L24, put it in plastic and put in the L28ET, hope I don't twist up too many purists. But I did save the orig stuff.

Now I also have a 74 260, a 91 300zx, and I just got an RB26DETT with transmission that I have been reading all the post's I can to figure out if I should try to put that in the 260.

see so after 8 years clean, a relapse can be as bad or worse than when you cleaned up.

my 72 is in the upper right hand corner of this page

http://www.racers-image.com/services.html

as soon as I learn how to add a pic to my profile I will show her off.

Rod.