HybridZ

Drove a Cadillac CTS-V Saturday

Dragonfly

Not only did I get to drive one (actualy I drove 4 of them), but it was on a autocross style course with a dragstrip start. It was less than a 1/4 mile because they didn't want people getting the cars over 100 mph.

This was an event sponsored by Cadillac to allow you to drive thier cars and the compitition to thier cars ie BMW, Mercedes, Lexus... This is the website http://www.drivesummit.com from there you would need to call the 800 number to get a registration number etc.

Now for my opinion of the car :D:D:D this is a Cadillac with the heart of a Vette and having driven a Z06 on a similar course I can say that yes the Vette will easily beat the Caddy but the Caddy will hold its own against nearly any production car on the market and it still has the comfort of a Cadillac. Out of 5 runs in 4 cars I managed to get one car sideways and it pulled right back in line almost instantly. I wish I could actualy afford one of those, that would make such an great commuter car.

Dragonfly

Forgot to mention... they also provided food and drink, and in the passenger seat of each of the CTS-V's was a professional driver/instructor who would give tips and advice as he felt neccesary. I got a "good job" from the instructor after pulling the Caddy back in line from the very short lived drift.

Dragonfly