HybridZ

SR20DET info needed, not another "will it fit" thr

Guest JAMIE T

I just spoke with Holley tech. He said basically I will need to make a crank trigger wheel, and use an MSD type ignition. The distributer will only need a cap and a rotor to scatter the spark. Hmm... I can do that!

OK, so I've shown my ignorance. I did not know the SR20DET was distributor-less. My experiance has thus far been with SR20DE's mostly. I don't remember the GTi-R being distributer-less.

I have no experiance with RWD SR's.

Will the SR20DE distributor fit the S13-S14?

FWIW, Holley tech did say that the Commander 950 could not be made to go distributor-less. humph...

The Disco Potato will make the same or less power than a stock S14/S15 Silvia turbo. Thats a huge waste of money. Dyno sheets and pricetags have proven... its magazine hype. Nothing more.

Yes, you can make the same peak Hp. The benifit to the DP turbo is supposedly in the response and actual usefulness of the power. If all you want is peak Hp, it's definitely not the turbo for you. That is why it is so hyped up among the FWD crowd. I have several friends that own this turbo and love it. In fact after a recent ride in a DP B13, my friend ordered one up to replace his T3/T04. It's also less fabrication to install as it fits onto a T3 flange and has an internal wastegate.