HybridZ

65MM TB'ss, and Oil cooler plate adapter + Engine pics

Tony240ZT

I just put a few things up in the classifies, they are directed at you Turbo people. Last time I had these throttle bodies you guys were fighting over them, so thought I should post here that I have two 65mm throttle bodies off of Mercedes V8's. If you are unfamiliar with them do a search for the topic.

I have one of these throttle bodies mounted on my car:

tbmounted.jpg

Link to ad:

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=65&de=793

While I took a pic of the TB on my car I did an engine pic, haven't done one in a while:

enginepic.jpg

I am selling this car with the L28-ET very soon. It's a great car, but I need the money for the 7M-GTE project car.

When I swapped out the L24-ET and put in the L28-ET I couldn't use my old oil adapter plate, so I have it up for sale. It has a T off of it to run an oil line to the turbo.

Here is what the oil plate adapter looks like with a filter stuck on:

oilawfilter.jpg

You can see more pics under the classified:

http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=zClassifieds&file=detail&cat=65&de=794

Here is a photo of the new oil adapter on the L28-ET, these were on automatic equiped 280ZX's I believe.. Perhaps only certain years?

autotransadapter.jpg

I re-used my oil lines so they were a little tight after getting a little cut, but turned out well.

Also, I have a bare L28-ET block sitting in the garage. It has had the rough casting removed from the inside. It's prepped like "How to build your Nissan OHC engine" book tells you how. I had hoped to make a stroker engine out of it, but went with the 7M-GTE instead. At this point anyone is welcome to come pick it up for free.

I have a front bumper off of a `73 240Z that I need to clear out too, and a couple sets of SU's in the garage.. Noticing these are turbo parts I'll stop there. However, I have been known to make SU's into something turbo related:

enginecompart.jpg

Yes, this is what the orange car's engine compartment used to look like with a draw through turbo setup on a L24.. I could not get enough gas into this thing, and it would ping.. Caused the engine rings to get unhappy, that's why the L28-ET is now in the engine with fuel injection. The added fuel, intercooler, and t3/t4 turbo have helped the car get down the road faster now.