HybridZ

Seat Foam Repairs

IdahoZ

OK, I decided to change out my stock 240Z seats for '92 Mazda MX3 seats I found at the local automobile grave yard. I found that using parts off both seats frames, a little engineering and some welding I was able to fabricate a functional seat frame with rails that bolt to my stock supports without sacrificing needed head room, as I am 6'3". Now I have to figure out to repair the ripped foam on my MX3 seats. It appears that damage to the foam was repaired at the factory with some type of very strong , blue fabric type material that is either very sticky or is glued onto the foam. It looks like it works really well.

Does anyone know where I could get some of this material and the glue used to apply it? I did a search on the net and in HybridZ but was not successful. I'm going to try calling some upholstery shops tomorow to see if they can help. :?:

Didn't get a chance to talk to an upholstery shop today but will post what I find out. There are a number of automotive shops in my area so hopefully I can get the help I need. Just looking for a way to repair rips and missing pieces in my MX3 seat foam. As for junk yard seat prices, in SE Idaho, a pair of seats will go or around $30 to $100 depending on condition. I got my 92 seats for $50 a pair because of fabric wear and rips on the drivers seat along with the foam damage I am trying to repair. It also helps when your haggling if you can flirt a little with the cute girl that is working as apposed to the crusty old man that hasn't taken a bath in a couple of weeks. :wink: