HybridZ

New Guy Here......

Guest Strictly_Gravy

Guest Strictly_Gravy

Hi, my name is Greg, I like long walks on the beach and cuddling by the fire.

On a more serious note, Im a noob to the Z world, however, i have a fair amount of experience with V8's, and building cars in general. I currently own a 1990 VW Corrado as a track car that i built myself, an Audi Coupe GT(for sale), and a 1976 Chevy K5 Blazer. Prior to these, i had a 90 Trans am with the 5.7 tpi in there, so im not a stranger to it.

I have come to the conclusion that my litte 200+ whp fwd 4 banger aint enuff power for me, so ive decided i need more power(and RWD). Ive been thinking about a v8z for quite some time, and now i finally have the funds for one. Upon researching the net, i came across this site. And yes, i did read the FAQ on the top of the page. Great info there, as well as the rest of this site :D . I have also found jtr, and ordered the book just about 30 minutes ago.

I hope i will be able to add something to this forum, hopefully sooner rather than later. I will use the search as much as i can so as not to cause a repost party.

Lastly, if there is anyone in Chicago or the SW michigan area that has a v8z or knows of any z's for sale to do a swap, drop me a message. Thanks Again

-Greg

ps, why wont my sig show? I dont see any buttons to click to have it show while posting and nothing in my account section either :? thankx

Welcome aboard! Its always nice to have a new member who can read the FAQ first then post! :D We really do appreciate that more than you can imagine.

Now about your sig... Just click on the "Profile" button at the top of the page. Then fill out whatever you want in the signature info box. Then scroll down and click "yes" under the "Always attach my signature". Thats all there is too it!

Guy

Guest Strictly_Gravy

As far as the FAq/Search thing goes, i have a username on vwvortex(vw enthusiast forum) search and faq dude. I am a search/FAQ Nazi, so i guess ill fit in here quite well :P

thanx for the info on the sig :wink:

-Greg

Guest Phailure

awesome... someone who actually reads the FAQs !! My brother has a Corrado G60 (1990) as well. Too bad its running awful now. Corrados are surprisingly light so the weight difference between a Corrado and a Z shouldnt be that great but the potential power is very different especially when you stick a v8 in the Z.

Welcome aboard. This is a tech oriented site, and it's great to see someone join up in an intelligent fashion, rather than the typical "How much does it cost to V8 a Z? Will I need NAWS to outrun my 3rd cousin's next door neighbor's ex-boyfriend's JATO powered Civic, which he says run's 8's in the quarter?

V8 Z's make great open track cars, that's mostly what I do with mine. Check the classifieds, lots of good stuff shows up there.

John

Guest Strictly_Gravy

Thanx for your gracious welcome. The book is tracked and will be here friday. I cant wait. I just need to decide if im gonna do hw or read the 'bible" this weekend.