HybridZ

I impressed a man with a supercharger!?!?!

Dan Juday

Maybe he was just being kind. :wink:

So Larry, a.k.a. COZY Z COLE, high tails it over to Rio this evening to hang and yack Z's with me at the local Hot Rod diner. I'm checking out his very cool 350 c.i. sbc with BLOWER and he want's a ride in my little mouse motor 305 tpi powered crate. "Larry, please, it don't compare." Still the guy drives out here to meet and B.S. with me I'm not going to deny him a humble request.

We pull out onto the main drag and immediately I give it a little throttle. Not a lot just enough to plant him in his seat. I let off and cruse peacably toward to the city limits. A mile up Hwy 12 we hang a right on Church Rd. Rotten road, take it easy. At the end of Church and we turn onto Airport. Nice smooth empty blacktop. I hit it hard, loosing traction in first, again in second, and a last chirp in third, (just so no one forgets those are 305/50/15's out back). I back out of it before speeds get too high. What a blast! And Larry is telling me how fast MY car is! :D

Thanks Larry. I hope there was some truth to it. :lol:

I am pretty certain I would have a heartattack and cause a major acident if I happened to be driving by and saw those two cars sitting there. OMFG. I cant even bear to look at mine sitting under its blanket of dust. Good thing I only go out there to empty garbage. I can only hope that after I rebuild the garage, I can channel my current depression into energy and inspiration, and do something worth comment on my Z. Thanks for everything, Cozy and Juday. :evil:

The wheels are 8" front 10" rear, four bolt semi-cutom wheels by Billet Specialties. Centerline won't make 10" wide wheels on a four bolt pattern for some reason. I wanted to go with 16" wheels but nobody made tires wide enough to fill the fenders in a 16". 17" would mean a very low profile tire and I didn't want that, harsh ride and I just don't care for the look of wagon wheels. Call me old school, (just don't call me old!). So that left me with 15's. The only really wide 15" tires are BFG TA's. The rears are Euro TA's because the standard TA's only go to 295.

Thanks Dan. You just confirmed what I was hoping would work. I needed another 2" to fill up my rear flairs. I'm going with steel wheels tho from: http://www.petepaulsen.com/ Growing up in the early era of aluminum wheels and watching them break has made me a believer in steel.

How much offset are you using on the front and back? Pete Paulson will build what I need.