HybridZ

how about a buick 350 for a hybrid z swap?

Guest 2002sentraSER

Guest 2002sentraSER

will it fit and will it bolt up without cutting the engine bay and can i use the jtr mounts because i can get one for 320 dollars as a full turn ky assembly

I have always liked the idea of the buick 350. It is only 450 lbs but I dont think it will ever have the power of the chevy and parts seem to be kind of rare and expensive from what I have seen. Still it would make a very nice street motor. There was talk of ali. heads being made for these that were based on some of the v6 race heads. If that were the case i would be looking all over for one. I believe the narrow bore restricts valve area somewhat.

Douglas

Guest 2002sentraSER

buick is made by gm right so shouldn't most of the chevy parts fit the buick amd the guy with th 400 will not call me back when i call him so it is not worth the hassle to deal with an a$$hole

Guest Anonymous

You might be able to switch an aftermarket air cleaner housing but I would not count on anything fitting if this is a BUICK 350 engine and not a Chevy engine in a Buick

Guest fishoutawata

The Buick 350 is a member of the BOP family (Buick, Olds, Pontiac) which all share the same bellhousing bolt pattern. The only things that GM (Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Olds) 350's have in common are the distributor cap, rotor, and carb bolt pattern.

Originally posted by 2002sentraSER:

so cams heads and all that stuff will not bolt up and would i still be able to use the jtr mounts or do i have to fabricate some

Nope,Chevy cam, heads will not bolt up to a Buick. You maybe able to use the JTR mounts, but probably will have to modify them.

Guest Anonymous

Try www.v8buick.com for hop-up info and engine specs and performance parts outlets. Just like others have said, this is a unique motor; nothing in common at all with Chevy and only the bellhousing pattern is common to the Olds and Pontiac 350's. Bore and stroke are 3.80" x 3.85". It's a light engine that develops good torque. KenneBell has more experience with this engine than anyone else, by far.

Guest 2002sentraSER

how much do you think the mounts would have to me modified to work and do i still follow the jtr book for everything else that goes along with the swap