HybridZ

TBI to Carb ........ ??

Just a general question. Can a TBI motor (91 Camaro 305) be switched to a Carb setup without changing engine internals??

I was thinking about throwing together a quick (cheap) swap until I decide what I'm going to do for a permanent Z fix. I have an "in" on a 91 Camaro RS with the 305. Should be suitable enough for now while I do the buildup on a new motor. Maybe, I'll start looking for a car now huh?

You can swap a carb on, no problem. You'll need a manifold, of course, and if you're not going to keep the computer at all, you'll need a distributor. (And be sure to get one with "hardened" gears to mate with the roller cam.) Other than that, I can't think of anything...

On a side note, I'm glad you've decided to keep the Z.

Thanks for the input. I don't have the pictured Z anymore and am on the lookout for a new shell, but I wanted to get the motor part sorted out first this time. I, however will probably by an 88 300ZX this week from my brother-in-law for about $900. It runs great, looks good (one dented fender), and I'll be able to use that if I decide to get a second job to help build the motor I want to. Once I get enough money to build the motor I want, I'll sell the ZX and buy a decent shell [70-78] to play with. :D