SBC engine mounts? I would prefer a molded

hose over a flex hose.

I am real anxious to fire up the engine after

spending so much time and money piecing it

together and installing it.

Thanks,

Don

Guest Anonymous

Just measure the distance, and go to autozone, or slowreleys and tell them. They will bring one out that will work, you just have to try it out. If you talk to them, they will let you try a couple out and just return the one's that don't work.

"I feel the need, the need for speed"

------------------

This is one of those pain in the butt jobs I wished I'd been paid for. I went to the local chain auto store where they have several hundred hoses hanging in the aisle. Armed with some measurements and some bent stiff wire as a guide, and 4 trips back and forth to get the best fit, I found them.

I have the 85 Camaro radiator, so these should work:

Bottom Hose - Dayco 71217. This fit the radiator and Stewart Components water pump perfectly, you might need to trim some length. It looks like it was made for the car, especially with my custom low mount alternator on the right side of the engine, the belt misses the hose by an inch in the knee of the first curve.

Top Hose - Dayco 70651 - you need to cut 8 inches or so off one end and a few off the other. You end up with a hose with a 130 degree angle in it. Works great. Fits the standard thermostat housing. You need a hose adapter. JTR gives the part number for a Good year part, I used NAPA part number 900, named "Hose Adapter", 1 1/2" ID to 1 1/4" ID. You put that puppy on the radiator nipple, then the hose.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@home.com">pparaska@home.com -