HybridZ

Homemade Electronic Boost Control

Bernardd

I'm making an alcohol injection kit for my car and in the process of doing research I came across a site that has a progressive alcohol controller. What this allows you to do is inject less alcohol sooner and then ramp it up to what's needed at high boost. (Don't try and talk me out of it. It's proven and it works.) So I did some research on speed controllers for dc motors. That lead me to a bunch of sites that have kits to control a motor's speed. So to get to the point I'm thinking I can also use one of these controllers to control boost by opening and closing a wastegate solenoid. A hobbs switch can turn on the controller (same as in the alky app) and then you can set the pwm to open and close at a set rate to control the boost. Would a stepper motor work? Anyone with some thoughts on this?

Bernard

Just use a variable pulse width signal to control some type of normally closed valve (such as the ones used on the cruise control) and connect it inline to the wastegate with a tee. The output of the solenoid/valve can be dumped to the boot behind the MAS. I would make one but am unsure of how to build the pulse width modulation circuit. You could also use a variable resistor(TPS) to control the PWM circuit, could be attached to the throttle switch. :?