HybridZ

370cc injector or stock injector for 10psi

Thumper

I have a set off 370cc injectors just lying around. Right now i'm limited to 10psi because of no intercooler. Unfortantely I will not be able to get an intercooler for a couple months so i'm stuck at 10psi . So would I see any benefit at my current state of tune by putting these in. I would of course adjust the afm 18 teeth. Mostly I am looking to get rid of the lean running condition above 5k, but I also do not want to run way too rich under normal driving conditions. So what do you guys think keep the stock injectors in or upgrade to the 370cc's? I think I might upgrade to the 370cc's so that I can tune it at low boost and then when I get the intercooler and a fuel pump I'll be able to turn the boost up without having to worry about the injectors but worried about messing up a well running car. Well thanks for your time and input.

Guest bastaad525

I dunno... adding fuel cools combustion... maybe you COULD turn up the boost some with the 370's. But, I think you would still definately benefit from putting them in there in your current setup. I guarantee your air/fuel ratios are getting leaner than 13:1 above 5k RPM... mine did at 10psi, stock everythign, and I've seen others dyno and get exactly the same. While I ran that way for a year, I'm sure things were getting pretty hot, and probably on the edge of ping. With the AFM adjustment you can get it running good with or w/o the I/C, I would think. I would do it if I had them just laying around...

The funny thing is, I've talked to 3 different guys now who've said that even WITH the 370cc's they still weren't getting enough fuel on the top once they started boosting above 12-14psi. Garret76zt is running 15psi on 370cc's and just recently added an RRFPR to give him some extra fuel on the top end. I thought the 370's were the end all be all... at least to the limits of the stock T3.

BTW Thumper were you the guy who was offering to sell me that set? Some things came up and I totally forgot about that... at the time I thought for sure I had the extra money, turned out I didn't :cry: that happens to me a lot.

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

First off start with a damn fuel pump. it sickens me to see people depending on a 20 year old fuel pump designed to support 180hp on a car they daydream about making 300. After you have done that realize that your not going to tune that AFM perfectly to a correct mixture on those injectors. If you want to go over 10psi safe try a additional injector controller, SDS sells a nice one and I do Microtech MT-2 microfueler for about the same cost. You can add a aditional two injectors and make them come on line at around say 12psi with adjustablity of the volume of fuel to keep the car from going dog rich making it fall on its damn face. Best off you don't loose driveablity. For god sake put a fuel pump on that thing.

I was running 10psi on stock injectors for the longest time, and never had aproblem with detonation or fuel. On 15.5psi and stock fuel system, with an intercooler I put down 206/248 on a mustang dyno, which is about 230whp. and I was slightly lean up top, around 13:1 a/f.

Now I use the SDS with 2 injectors, and still have the stock pump, which no real issues. This weekend I will be putting in dual inline 190's to see how they hold up with things now.

The only reason Im going the dual pump route now, is for precaution as I think my 1200cc injector is a bit of a hog with my fuel pressure. ;)

I was gonna do two pumps on the green car (ON3GO) but I am likeing these bosch pumps I have now, they make 700hp and are alot less of a stress on the electrical system and alot less work.

I was gonna do two pumps on the green car (ON3GO) but I am likeing these bosch pumps I have now, they make 700hp and are alot less of a stress on the electrical system and alot less work.

BOOYA!! :D

also im a ferm believe in getting rid of the stock pump.. more so on the stock pump that comes on our 280Z S30 cars.

i love my walbro 255 thats on my blue Z, enough for the power goals on that car.

mike

Bad boy bosch pump is $220.00 the only other pump I would campare these too are the Weldon not to be confused with a walbro pump. Alot more money. These pumps are vary durable.

Well I have a 2nd Vortech 190lph pump lying around. So I'll put them together and see how that works this weekend. Since Im still on stock turbo, Im not worried about it.

Thanks for the info though.