HybridZ

2JZ-GE into 260z

DeusEx

Hey guys,

I know of a guy selling a 2JZ-GE (NA) for 800 AUD and i was wondering if i could call on your amazing amount of knowledge to see how hard this conversion would be. I was planning on selling my current setup (see ozdat.com :D ) for an RB20 conversion, purley for the modern motor traits and the ability to pull more power from it ( i bet it wont have the triple webber sound though).

But anyway, i have now been put onto a guy selling a 2JZ-GE which i know makes slightly more power than a RB20 and about 15kw less than an RB25 (stock of course). Now with the JZ i imagine that i would be flat out getting more power from it without putting some serious $$ into it.

So basically does anyone have a rough idea of conversion costs or difficulty ( i know the exhaust is on the wrong side) and is the power worth it (keeping in mind for an extra 500 i could buy a mates 1JZ-GTE)

But for an NA engine i think the 2Jz would be almost as good as it would get without trading to the V8 team.

Any thoughts?

Thanks heaps

Cool thanks,

Seems like there are alot of issues with the TT setup (RE: intercooler). But the point of the shifter coming back too far is interesting. Probably have to cut up an old console.

but its interesting that if i am going to have all of these similar problems, is it worth doing it for the power or an RB20?

If you intend on keeping the car for a long time, and enjoy power - go with the 1jz-gte. The stock rated power output of the 1jz-gte is very low in comparison to its untapped potential. The difference in work required to get the turbo setup running is really not that much more and the extra money put into it would be a far better investment than you could ever make on the NA engine.

Just my 2 cents

The 7M-GTE would be the same amount of work as the 1jz to install and pleanty enough power for an early Z car. May even be more affordable.

Would love to have another inline 6 toyota swap on the board here. Would be great if you are serious about the swap.

Im about as serious as my wallet.

I agree with the work, the 1JZ would be a quicker engine, but i have to find the gear box, and the cost of putting it in is pretty steep. I guess thats the attractiveness of an RB, its cheap and easy, But i still think for an NA car, the 2JZ would be damn sweet.