HybridZ

CFDF shreaded !?

evildky

I shreaded a centerforce dual friction clutch in a relative short time, as in a few months, the flywheel was surfaced prior to instalation, the car gets very little use pretty much an exclusive autocross car, what bugs me is that the pucked side that goes against the flywheel is where all the damage seems to be, the material seems to have shreaded, anyone have similar issues?13000Picture_005-med.jpg

13000Picture_004-med.jpg

13000Picture_009-med.jpg

In my experience in wasting many clutches, the flywheel side is the side that always takes the most abuse.

Was your clutch adjusted properly? You have to ensure there is a tiny bit of freeplay in the pedal when your clutch is fully engaged. Sometimes people leave them taught, and the throwout bearing rides the pressure plate releasing a little bit of pressure and helping it slip a little. (seen this several times)

It could also be from your driving methods. You don't ride the clutch, right?

If these two things were ok... I'd say its time to look at a stronger clutch.

well I think the biggest issue was the throw out collar, I used the one that came with the current trans, which is identicle to the early style one that used to be in the car, it looks like I had the wrong collar, which in order to shift I had to have that sucker pushed up against the pressure plate which kept it from clamping all the way, guess I shoulda checked that sucker out before swapping the trannies, oh well, in with the new KA 5speed :)