HybridZ

Passed Emissions!!! Thanks Tim240z!!! =)

Well.. I had a date with MTI lined up to get some diagnostics done and see what codes I'm throwing... but I got lazy, slept in and decided I didnt want to pay for all that today. :oops:

I took Tim240z's advice and ran over to Lowe's for some unatured alcohol. Found it is the paint-thinner section and bought 2 gallons for $20. (bought the extra for next year's inspection :wink: )

Went home, dumped a gallon in with the 8 gallons of gas I already had and took her for a quick spin around the block and then over to the inspection.

WOW is that alcohol a neato trick or what??!?

Here are my results compared to yesterday when I failed:

Nox(ppm) -

- Low RPM

-- Standard -- 829

-- Yesterday - 1213

-- Today ------ 623 :shock: (HALF of what it read yesterday!)

- High Rpm

-- Standard -- 751

-- Yesterday - 951

-- Today ----- 370 :shock: (1/3 of what it read yesterday!)

I'm still amazed at how drastic the change was! Just incredible! It also brought my 02 rating up from 0 to 1.65! I'm so happy now! It's much more fun to be able to cruise around and be legal and not looking over your shoulder every 2 seconds! :D

-Vann

Thats good news! Another LS1 on the road! I can't wait to get mine going.

I was told a while back that the "Catylic Converter Cleaner" they sell at auto parts stores was nothing more that just alcohol to get past the sniffers. I think I'll bottle it and sell it at 10 bucks a pint as "Emission Eazy" and either get arrested or rich!