HybridZ

New turbo time.

Guest Cronic

Being as my turbo just wouldn't hold 20psi. I decided to do a "small" upgrade, as to not have crazy lag, and not spend a lot of money on my beater project. I wanted something friday, and not have to wait.

So for 400 bucks, I get a brand new straight t3, machined to fit a t4 54 trim wheel. I must say, Im fairly impressed with it, and expect to break 300whp when I get the new HG on. The turbo obviously flows a lot more air. 15psi feels like 20, and 20 felt VERY strong. Unfortunatly I ran lean, and popped the gasket. Never ran that lean before. ;):lol:

So wednesday when I get everything back together. I think I'll take it back to the dyno, just to confirm what my butt, and the back of my head (ow) feels.

Guest bastaad525

I was thinking of doing something like this, as could get it done relatively cheap as well, compared to a T3/04. Until now I didn't dare mention it here :oops: as I know everyone and their mother would advise against it as a waste of money in lieu of a 'real' upgrade.

I too am just thinking on a budget... I may have a little extra money that I can put into the car soon, nowhere near T3/O4 money though... and anyways, a T3/04 would necessitate even more upgrading... I'd finally have to break down and get bigger injectors, for instance, or an AIC, and would have to get a custom AFM to turbo boot made I'm sure, and possibly a larger turbo-to-I/C pipe as well... which would all add up in a hurry.

Alas (heheh yeah I actually said alas :oops: ) this will probably just be a pipe dream still... probably better to upgrade the exhaust or finally replace my way worn bushings instead.

I can't wait to see how your power is with the new turbo once you get it back together... we'll see if this upgrade is worthwile for the money.

Im estimating a 20-40whp increase with this upgrade.

On 20psi I think I should see 320whp. I wont know until I get it back on the dyno.

Soon my friend. Soon. :)

Im going to do the mega squirt and spark setup. That way I can tuen it much more efficiently then with the SDS EIC. My problems wont be all fixed for a little while. However, one thing at a time. :)

same way here MSS does rock i have seen it operate on xander ( his car i might ad) ( minus spark at the time, but im confident it that)

And i have became a fan of this :D

However that would enable you to sqeez that 300 benchmark more stable! :) and monitored ( giving peace of mind )