HybridZ

Searching

Guest 240zJake

Guest 240zJake

With all these questions that arise that can be slove with the search function, but never are, maybe we need a guide to searching...

such as using the not and and commands to exclude and include specific terms from the search, such as

item a and item b not item c

Any more hints?

Well, I'm not sure if this is actually the case, but it seems to me that we've lost a lot of older posts/information over the last while.. site upgrades/issues and the like.. I was trying to find a post that I made a few months back, and couldn't turn it up.. but I KNOW I made it.. Maybe someone that knows could say for sure if the site has lost some of the old posts, and that's why searching fails to turn up any usefull info lately?

Or maybe I'm just slipping... :roll:

• Administrators
Maybe someone that knows could say for sure if the site has lost some of the old posts, and that's why searching fails to turn up any usefull info lately?

As far as I know, 100% of the posts were transfered. It has been over 4 years since we "Lost" any posts... to the best of my knowledge.

I was trying to find a post that I made a few months back, and couldn't turn it up.. but I KNOW I made it..

Can you give me some more info so I can check it out? Key words you used? What catagory is it etc.?

Understand though that, I due purge post in the General sections ie: Non-Technical sections once in a while but never the Technical sections.

dan

Well, you would be someone who knows.. :lol: I posted some questions in the 6 cyl forum a while back, about using difrent heads, what choices I had, ect. I searched using my user name, along with terms like "N42" and "will this work" and found 'no matches'.. I know it has to be here, cause I started the thread! :lol: I'll have another go at it and see if I can turn it up. Thanks though. :)

There do appear to me some issues related to searching. I have had some difficulty finding posts that I know are there. For instance, this thread:

http://hybridz.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=29645

Just did not turn up. I tried many, many search terms, usernames, etc. I had to hunt for it manually. Once I did find it, I tried some experiments using exact verbage, ANDs, ORs, etc. I either turned up huge piles of hits (but without the magic hit), or no results at all.