HybridZ

Didnt know where to post this but...

Adimir

ok a quick one...i have priced out some rebuild kits (complete with Pistons, rings, main and rod bearings, thrust washers, jack shaft bearings (if applicable), cam bearings, camshaft, lifters, freeze plugs, gasket set, complete timing kit, and oil pump. - turbo rebuild kit (making my NA into turbo)

this kit is 650 dollars....

i have been trying to find individual parts...but not much luck...

which way would you go if you were doing rebuiling??...whole kit or one part by part....(over ebay, classifieds etc etc.) im leaning towards the kit but i would feel stupid if sombody said well coulda had all of that for 300 dollars or something....

thanks all.

Personnally, I always do them separately. I don't usually like someone elses choices, more from a quiality standpoint than anything else.

$650 is a good price for all of that. But I guess it depends what you want to end up with.... Make sure you get it balanced at a good machine shop... the cheaper pistons etc are often so out of balance it will cause a very poor running engine!

well its to go into an NA with a t3/04 turbo (im doing complete rebuild.)

i would rather i get all the parts at once so i dont get stuck with not finding something later. and yes ill get them balanced...i work at a machine shop but i dont think they got the equipment for balancing. :P

thanks for input