HybridZ

nitriuos on l28

motorsci

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

20hp/cyl is safe for most stock engines, so 120hp.

Here are all of the tips I can give you:

Make sure you tune with either A/F gauge or preferable EGT gauge. Don't just rely on NOS's recommended jetting. You can richen or lean out your A/F ratio by altering the fuel pressure. Tune it a hair rich with FULL pressure on the bottle(1100+psi).

Pull your head and install a new gasket, new bolts if you can afford it, and use a dremel to grind down any sharp edges in the combustion chambers. Sharp edges create "hot spots" that contribute to detonation, so get rid of them all. After you grind them, polish the combustion chambers with a wire cup brush on a high speed drill.

Install new valve stem seals... oil in the combustion chambers lowers octane and increases detonation.

Reseat your valves.

Adjust your valves on the loose end of the spec. If a hot valve hangs open while you're spraying, it's toast.

Remove the vacuum advance and cap off the nipples and retard your timing 4-5 degrees.

Use copper plugs 2 heat ranges colder than stock, and gap them down from stock.

Use a good coil and ignition module (MSD).

Install a window switch so that the nitrous can't hit under 4000rpm. The lower your rpm's, the more tirque nitrous produces, and too much torque will twist a rod. You only need the spray from 4000-7000rpm anyways.

If you don't want to do all this, install 15hp/cyl (90hp) jetting and do as many of the above steps as you can.

Let me know if you actually get into the process and I can help you with any questions.

I have a nitrous-prepped E88 head for sale. Ported intake ports, smoothed combustion chambers, valve job, and new Fel-Pro head gasket included. PM me for more info.