HybridZ

zg flare wheel offset

Guest tejas74260

Guest tejas74260

i know it's been covered but i couldnt find the solution with the wheel size i'm using. im going to purchase a 16X8 and a 16X8.5 watanabe 8 spokes. the tires im using are a 225/55/16 on front and a 245/50/16 out back. what offset should i run with this if i'm using zg flares? im sure you guys can answer this pretty easily...thanks for the help!

Mark

Guest Z-rific

I ran 15x8's all the way around with 3.5" backspacing. 225's front and 265's back. With 8.5" rear wheels you may want to think about more than a 245. You need some meat to fill up your flares.

I'm not running the same flares, but mine extend about 3" from original fender.

For the front wheels you will need -13 or 4 inch backspace based on 16 x 8 wheel. For the back -19 or 4 inch backspace based on 16 x 8.5 wheel.

Go to link below and check out different specs. These specs will fit with just spring and shock changes (stock). With coilovers utilizing the same backspace, but upfront got to 16 x 9 watannabe and in the rear 16 x 9.5. My plan is to go with ZG flares and a Billet specialty wheel and I know for a fact 17 x11 wheel and 275 /40 17 tire will fill the wheel well nicely in the rear and 17 x 9 255 /40 17 upfront. If you like the watannabe wheel style, take a look at Panasport C8-17 as another option.

Glenn A. INLINER FOR NOW BOWTIE COMING SOON

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace