HybridZ

Would ZG flares look bad or good on-top of a 280YZ bodied Z?

Guest ON3GO

Would ZG flares look bad or good on-top of a 280YZ bodied Z?

reason i ask is i love the look of a ZG flared car, thats why the Hulk like that.

so what would you guys think?

reason why i ask is the Hulk will be sporting a 280YZ flares in the future, always been on the list of the things for it.

But it will keep its front air damn it has now but just widened.

along with some 240Z Euro Chrome bumpers that will also be widened and re-chromed, will make things look stock yet VERY wide.

And since the car will have some Black JDM fender mirrors on it i thought some black (or the CF ones im going to have made) ZG overfender flares will look awesome too..

yes or no?

wish we had a poll thingy on this website.

dont worry this will be later down the road, i wanna drive the Hulk for abit 1st.

and all parts like the CCW wheels, and such that wont fit no more will be put on the Blue Z.

so then when this all happens ill be looking for some new wheels, along with a 5-lug swap.

18x13's rear, 18x12's front.

Mike

Personal preference, me no like too much extra stuff added onto the beautiful Z's body. The older Z's (40-60-80) have such smooth body lines from a distance, the silhouette alone is sweeeeeet. Up close I've shaved it to make her even smoother on the eyes. loose the Big blinkers, bumpers, rain-rails, wipers, door handles, key-holes, even the little finger tab for the fuel-door, cover the vents on the rear columns behind the emblems, loose all emblems, remove rear hatch press-button, body side-moldings, flush mount ant, cover the head-lamps. Weld up the seams on the front around the lamp housings and lower door seams. Attach the 2 flaps for the battery and clutch master access to the hood to open up as one. A little euro type skirt on each side and, walla' Now its even cleaner, smoother and IMO sexy! But to each his own.

The ZG flares are contored to fit on the stock fenders. The YZ fenders deviate considerably from stock. There is no lip around the opening, no crease line at the door handle, and the rocker detail is completely blended out by the time it gets to the wheel openings. All this on top of fact that the shape of the fenders is also very different.

As a concept it sounds good but I think the fit would be so far off it would just look goofy.

I think you would have beter luck trying to fit them to the SubtleZ fenders.