HybridZ

WENT TO THE TRACK TONIGHT WITH EDGE 3500 CONVERTOR

Corzette

Man! What a difference a convertor makes. Well it started out to be a great night. I heated up the tires and lined up. I stalled the the convertor to 2300 and floored it on the light. What a launch...I hit a 1.67 60 the first try. I also lightened up the rear strut setting to 1 vice 5. I zoomed down the quarter to run a 7.68 1/8 at 88.50 and the 1/4 in 12.1 at 109.60...What? 109??? I ran a 12.31 at 114 last time out with the 2800 stall. Wait theres more....after investigation I noticed that my secondary butterflies were not fully open at full throttle...doh!!!! I just ran a 12.1 at 109 doing 5 MPH slower and 2 tenths faster. Well it gets worse. I tighten the throttle cable to make more opening power and SNAP....the damn accel pedal snaps in half. It was weak to start with from bending it here and there but I didnt think it was that bad. Well I wonder what I would have ran if the secondaries were fully opened. I estimate a 11.8 or 9 anyway. I had the NOS already to go 75 shot only but it didnt happen. Damn Im mad, but Ill fix it and be ready for march when they re=open. At least I kn :evil: ow now that I will get into the elevens with this damn 350 after all. I had to tie a string to the cable and use my hand to accel...a little scary to say the least. I must get a trailer! Mike thanks for sharing the EDGE info. I love it...major difference!

Night!

CorZette

12.14 at 109.60

1.67 60 footer

Terry,

Glad you like it. How violent was your launch? I launched mine at idle and floored it and got a 1.70 60 ft. time, the next time I tried to launch at 2400 rpm,s I got a snapping violent launch only to go about 15 ft. and snapped the half shaft. I really need cv's or a 9" Ford.

I will be ready to race in late February when Ennis reopens in the mean time I may try out one of the many 1/8 mile tracks in my neck off the woods.

I think I can get 150 - 1.60 60 ft. times with it. I am not going to run NOS as I built the motor for no power adders. Sometimes I wish I had though.

Mike