HybridZ

Wilwood 3/4 clutch cylinder install.

DaleMX

I got a ¾†Wilwood clutch cylinder for the T56. The stock cylinder for the T56 is a ¾ X 1†stroke. The Wilwood is ¾ X 1.1â€. The good news is the bolt pattern is the same. There are 3 minor mods that have to be done to fit it up though.

The first is that the stock cylinder is about 1.38 at the boot, the Wilwood is 1.53 and does not fit in the stock hole. Trimming the hole is easy.

The second is that the plunger on the stock is about 3.72†long and the Wilwood is 4.3. Cutting the plunger is easy, but I’ll try to fit it with the full length first.

The third is that the clevis pin mount threads are wrong. I plan on just drilling out the threads and tack welding the proper nut on there. Actually there is no reason not to just put a nut on the other side of it and tighten it all up, but I want it clean.

Here’s a pic.

http://www.circuitflex.com/Wilwood1.jpg

I bought the 1 1/8 Tilton Clutch master cyl and the plunger was actually a different thread than stock and longer, so I took the retainer off the end of both MC's and swapped the plungers. Took 30 seconds.

Takes care of both the length and thread issue.

(Why the large MC? I am running a McLeod Street Twin disk clutch.)

JC

Just a thought - are you absolutely sure that the stock MC won't work? The McLeod hydraulic TOB that I'm using with my trans is supposed to require that same 3/4" MC, but I tried the stock one first, and it worked fine. Much less work that way... :mrgreen: