HybridZ

Help please!

dat240zg

Guys:

I'm getting ready to order my T3/To4e and honestly don't know what specs to shoot for. I saw the discussion on .63 Stage 3 exhaust w/T04E .57 trim. Would this be a good setup? I'm looking for a turbo that will spool quickly - read autocross/daily driver and would like to have as close to a direct replacement as possible.

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!

Bryan

Dat240zg

Bryan,

Something to think about is the rpm range you want to shoot for. When I autocrosses my 280Z I ran it in 2nd and was just starting to get into the turbo when I had to let off. Also I think the stock turbo starts coming on about 2800 rpm. So talk to a turbo shop and tell them what rpm range you want and they can really help you out. As for the TO4E it is not a direct replacement because you have to add a 1/2 inch spacer to clear either the intake or the exhaust I can not remember which one. Now the TO4B is a dierct replacement. I know this is not an answer but it is what I found out taking to James at http://www.speedshopthagard.com/ ! He also has done many custom turbo setups plus a Z or two. Give him a call and talk to him about what you want. Just my .02!!

Have fun HB280ZT T3/TO4B in the mail!!! YES!!!