HybridZ

Which backspace would be best for a deep dish look?

I'm about to order some Centerline Venturas in 17" size for my Z. It recommends a 4" backspace, but I want a deeper dish in the back...so I'm thinking 17x7 with a 4" bs up front, and 17x8 with a 3.5" bs in the back. The 3.5 is as low as they offer. The set would only be like $706 total to get to my door step. Anyone got pics of their Z with the Ventura?

this will go beyond the wheel well for sure.. so do the 7" at 4" and it will fit to the very end of the rim...the width measurement is the bead. the physical width edge to edge on a 8" rim is closer to 9"..i bought some centerline rims 17x7 with 3.5 bs but i have flares and they do come out a bit.

Guest rick458

If I run a 17 x 8 with 4" back space and a 235 or 225 will that fit the fender side or will I need to roll it?

Center line will make the 4 x 4.5 bolt pattern, with any back space and a 42mm offset.

no need for adapters

the rim is to wide. at the very least you would have to roll the fenders and it still may not be enough...the 7" by centerline is plenty wide.

this is a customer's carsent to me by centerline with a pic of 17x7 4" backspace rims..i do not know the width.my guess 225 or 215....

17x7.jpg?BCf.MqBB9CLkTBXR

The 17x8 should fit...people run way wider. I'm thinking of doing that and getting a diff. backspace, like 3.5" so it pushes the outter lip of the wheel out torwads the outside of the car. I have 17x7s on mine now with 215s, and they just look weak. They don't look as wide as the 205s I had on there. I had 205/45/16, and now I have 215/45/17, and I think the 205s looked wider and all....maybe because the wheels had a nice lip to em, and the rear poked out from the fender wheel just a wee bit. Who knows....but the 16s are I dont know WHAT brand, and one of the center caps is missing, and I don't want to run a set of wheels with only 3 centercaps :(

sorry i forgot you have coilovers..with coilovers you can run wider rims. but i would leave the backspacing the same and go wider.that way you can put bigger tires in there..if you go out then you reduce the size of tire you can put in there. i have no coilovers so i had to go 3.5" bs to accomodate adn because centerline would only go that wide..also centerline will not go wider then 3.5" unless you go 5 lug then the next size up they offer is 9.5"...good luck..the style you picked is nice..phillip