HybridZ

Skyline GT-R BNR33 ECU Reprogramming

Ezzie

I have been researching Skyline GT-R ECU's that can be reprogrammed without having to use a company like JWT or going to an aftermarket engine management system (I'm cheap and want to do it myself). I have not been able to find out much info on this subject. Has anyone on here ever done their own reprogramming of either the R32 or R33 ECU's? I have been told by a couple of people that the R33 ECU is very hard to work with (something about the chip architecture) and to try and stick with the R32.

I have used the BadBiki daughterboard setup for the S13 ECU's (SR20DET engine) and would like something similar to this for the RB26DETT.

Any info would be most appreciated - doesn't seem to be a lot published about this.

Thanks for the link. A lot of good info on that forum but still not quite the info I am looking for to answer my questions.

Is the EPROM in the BNR32's ECU removeable?

Is it similar to the Z32's ECU (ie. can be reprogrammed or used with a ROM emulator)?

Is the BNR33's ECU unuseable because the CPU and memory are in the same chip package or something that would prevent it from being hacked/remapped??