HybridZ

Non-Z related clutch probs...

JB_BA

I seem to be having some trouble with my clutch in my '93 MX-6. I was driving the other day, shifted from third on the way to fourth, and my clutch pedal went limp. I pulled it back up with my toe, and it had pressure again. The next day, I shifted from first to second, and there was a loud...I don't really know how to describe it..."pop whack thunk pop!"

I replaced the slave cylinder. Then the master cylinder. When bleeding the clutch, the pressure builds up in the pedal great until the car is cranked, then it goes almost completly limp, and feels spongy towards the end of the stroke. It will build SOME pressure while the car is cranked, but I still haven't accomplished what I would call a good pedal.

When I put the car into gear and hold the clutch pedal to the floor, then crank it, the car takes off...hence the clutch is obviously NOT disengaging. With the car cranked and not in gear, it will not go into any gear, except occasionally reverse. Usually, reverse just grinds as you try to put it in. The other gears just refuse to grind or anything, and my RPM drop. When attempting 4th, the car will occasionally SHUT OFF.

The clutch is apparently still strong...the car will move even if you have the car in low gear with the e-brake pulled and try to start it.

The ONLY thing I have left...is...MAYBE the clutch fork is broken or bent??? Maybe the clutch isn't EVER disengaging?

Opinions/help PLEASE!

Thanks,

JB