HybridZ

Cygnusx1 or anyone interested in or using BEGI RRFPR

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Cyg, just wanted to let you know that I spoke with Trey over at BEGI today and the new parts he's wants me to try in the FMU are being shipped out today.

I dunno if you are familiar with the internal workings of the unit (I wasn't until just today :D ) but the parts he is sending me are different sizes of the metal disk that are installed just above (or just below I forget) the rubber diaphram. The smaller disks will allow the diaphram to flex more, soaking up some of the boost and causing the FMU to react more slowly. Trey and Corky Bell believe this will cause the unit to not 'come on', affecting fuel pressure until a higher boost pressure is reached (in stock form, the FMU is 'full on' at about 3psi of boost), without affecting the final, total fuel pressure (should need no readjustment of the needle valve).

This SHOULD go a long way toward solving the issue of running super rich during partial boost conditions and in the midrange rpm. I'm hoping to have the unit set to where it doesn't start affecting fuel pressure until somewhere around 8-10psi.

I have had my FMU apart already to remove the spring that is for Non-Turbo cars. I had gotten the wrong FMU. I am very curious to learn what you find. Of course until you get the WBO2, we wont really know. Definately give me the seat of the pants report when you get the part in! I may call them to get the same parts they sent to you. First, let me know how it goes with yours, as my Z is in 50% hibernation mode anyhow.

Guest bastaad525

well he sent me several different ones... so it will be a lot of testing to find out which one behaves the best. Of course I'll definately post every tiny bit of info that comes out of this... you know how I love to post! :D