HybridZ

Bare Chassie Question

Alright here is the deal, I think ive found the Z ive been looking for. Its basicly a shell with alot of goodies. Only problem their is no drivetrain (besides the diff) and no Brakes or lines or any wiring of any sort. Now I figured if Im going to put the L28ET in their from the 280zx, would I be best off just getting a 280zx parts car that runs and take everything I need out of it (brakes? Lines? Motor and drivetrain)

But the quiestion is will these work, ive been trying to search but ive hard an issue trying to find out if this would work or not. Are the lines atall the same, or are they all diffrent, does somone have a list of all the things you can put on a 74 240z from the ZX turbo, that would be an upgrade. Which parts are interchangable?

Thanks

Matt

I did this with my 280... As far as the lines go, you do have to get the exact model otherwise the bends ect are very different. The 240 and 260 would probably be close but I would bet that the mounting points are different, the 240 and 280 are way too different. The 280zx is completely different from a 240.

About the only thing you can take off of a 280zx and put in the 240 is the drivetrain.

So with the brakes im better off just starting out with better brakes, and then getting the 280zx parts car with the motor and the wiring, would the 280zx wiring work? I Mean I can wire up headlights, turnsignals, ect ect, but im wondering will it run on just the wiring to the motor and such. Seeing as the chassie has no wiring.

What should I do..

Oh boy.. I'd see if you can find the chasis wiring/harness for your car.. I'm sure the zx rats nest (yes, thats right...) would be a HUGE PITA to make work in an older Z. I agree you're better off buying a running 280zxT for the drivetrain/EFI wiring. The engine harness isn't too bad, as it's fairly well separated. In theory, I thnk the motor would run just fine (zxt haress/ecu in your 240), but without the proper Z chasis wiring, you just wouldn't have lights/signals and such..

I'm sure the zx rear diff will be the R200/3:70 so that'd be something I'd wana swap in.. Also, the zx brakes arn't GREAT.. but surly they'd be better than stock 240..