HybridZ

Feedback on Motor Plans

sulla

Well I have been doing more and more reading and here are the plans. The goal is for around 400hp real street motor on the lowest possible budget and that is as dependable as possible. I think to make things easy and to be sure how things will work the best way is to go with the Edelbrock RPM power package. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/7181pp.html It will make 400hp from a 351w I have found more articles of buildups to back up edelbrocks claims. It also seems to make the HP and Torque in a range that is usable on the street and that will let the engine live for a long time. I think I can do this engine very cheaply if I pick up the parts one at a time as I find good deals on used pieces.

I think this motor with a T5 will be a good performance price combo.

If any one has any feed back on how to get the most reliable/usable power for the best price in a small block Ford package let me know.

Also the car will be for the street and some autocross and drags etc on the weekends when I have time.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

'69 high compression heads, basic porting. (I just sold a set for $100)

Summit large tube hugger headers ($100)

750 cfm carb (worth 25hp over a 600 on this combo)($100 for a Proform body + $50 for a used Holley DP)

Edelbrock Torker II manifold (worth 20hp/20tq over a Performer RPM) (<$100 used)

Crane Powermax 226/236 cam ($160 w/ lifters)

Crane Energizer roller rockers ($200)

This will give you 400/400 and be easily streetable. This exact combo ran consistant high 10's in a fox-body Mustang LX w/ slicks. I'm currently building a 393 stroker that's drag-only (big solid cam), and shooting for 9's.