HybridZ

Selling my Z, how much to ask?

rustrocket

After months of trying to justify building my dream Z car, i've decided that right now just isnt my time. I'm selling the Z, to help pay for my Paramedic classes ($9,000 - $10,000) that start this summer. Also need something more economical, as i've spent almost $800 on gas in the past 3 months driving this beast (i drive waaaaay too much).

How much should i be asking for it?

1973 240z

Has 147,XXX miles

Original engine (with round top SU swap) and trans. Possibly swapped rear end (speedo reads a little bit higher..records roughly 7 miles per actual 6 miles)

Rust: under battery, driver's door, bottom of passenger door on inside seam

Original paint

Straight frame, no structural rust.

Everything works except: the tach, amp gauge, right blinker light on tach

Tires will need replacing soon, suggest brakes and wheel bearings too.

Has a slight leak when it rains...windshield seal? Have new complete set of seals from Motorsport, in box ($200 value).

Has a few small parking lot dings, nothing major, but enough to piss me off.

Passenger door does not open from outside.

Was in minor accident, bent the rear bumper and dented back right corner (has been primered white to prevent rust).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

See picture link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/clarkcameronm

Thanks guys.

I bought my '73 automatic for $850 a year ago (can it be that long?) and it was in similar shape - has the round top SU's, original engine, tweaked rear bumper, some rust through on the doors, all soft suspension parts worn out, didn't run very well because carbs needed rebuilding, but otherwise solid. Interior was a little better than yours, but not much. I thought I got it for under market, so 1200 - 1500 should be about right.

Dave