HybridZ

Is it possible

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

You mean hook a V8 to the Nissan tranny? IF so, why would you want to do that when a GM tranny is tougher, cheaper, and has more aftermarket support?

JTR is working on a kit for the zx. i think that msa has a kit for the zx. check with Greg and Mike at Jags that run. Mike recently posted regarding this kit.

check out Dave's zx V8

http://home.earthlink.net/~dvgreimann/index.html

Just so you know Dave no longer has his ZX. He sold it a few months ago. Although he does come on the site once and a while to see what's up.

Like Magnum said though, hooking up even a mild V8 to a nissan AT tranny is not the best idea or the cheapest idea. You can get used 700R4's from the salvage yard for like $500 and you wont need any special parts to hook it up to the V8. Plus the ZX AT tranny isnt really that strong.

Guy

opps ... i was distracted and didn't read the whole question ...

no one is commercially making a kit that will allow one to explode a stock 280zx by hooking a V8 to it ...

thought wanted a kit to install a V8 in a zx with an automatic, not use the zx automatic with the V8.

the little 264 V8 or what ever it was, chevy made during the early 80's, making i think 110 hp, now that might not break a zx automatic.

but, it would hardly be worth the effort to do that, when for sure, a 350 cube V8 will shred it for you.

sorry if i mislead anyone ...

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Yup, Daytona Blue it is. It's about 6 months old, and is getting repainted this Spring with a widebody kit... not sure what color I'm repainting it.

9539z3.jpg

9539zengine.jpg

for rite now i don't wanna put a big ass hp motor in, im gonna put the V8 and GM tranny in, i don't have the money rite now for big ass HP, so imma put in a mild HP V8 in, just untill i can build my own motor, cuz its alot easier to swap 1 V8 to another later on- this way i can still have the wow factor of a V8 and have more HP than the 6 i have in it.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Sounds like a smart plan. That's the best way to do it:

Find a cheap car/truck witht he engine and tranny that you want, and do the swap, then buy another car/truck with the same setup, and build the engine and tranny for the HP you want. Then swap THAT setup in and keep the low HP setup for a spare.

If you play your cards right, you can buy vehicles for the swaps and make money back by parting out the vehicles after you remove what you need. I've done this MANY times. I don't think I've ever done a project car out of my own pocket... I always let it finance itself.