HybridZ

The AFM got wet, but not its dry

EZ-E

So tell me why my af ratio is so high???

Last night I had to make a late run, it was raining, and i hit this big puddle, I dont have a sheild under the engine bay, and it soaked the afm. Well it started to do what it would normaly do when you get the afm wet. Chug at about 2500 to 3000 rpms.

I limp it home down the highway at a massive 2500 in 5th it was a fun little trip.

Anyway I get it home wait till morning heat up the garage and get to work, Pull the afm off and clean it out, dry everythign off and yet Im still having the same symptoms as a wet afm

Runs like crap at above 2500 rpms and the smell of gas is very strong. Is there something Im missing?

Everything is dry, all connections are clean, and I want to say it almost acts like it has a bad CHTS. The CHTS is only 4 months old though. So I wouldnt think that it would be that but it could be.

Im at a total loss as to what is going on, it was running complety fine till i hit that puddle. On another note when I rev the motor if I hold back the spring on the afm it will run properly. By the same token, if I try to do any adjustments to the wheel at all they have no effect what so ever.

Forgot to mention, I guess knowing what the vehicle is would help also, it is a 82 ZX turbo, with stock electronics, intercooler, no other additions.

Anyone have an idea, Im up for any. Thanks!

Well I had bought a new CHTS, tested fine, tested the AFM fine, I have spark, I have ignition, I have fuel. Yet still the car will not start. Still lost, what could it be?