HybridZ

3" downpipe?

Guest Cronic

Where can I get a 3" downpipe from? I've been searching around for a while, and Im just about to get on it and fab my own. I would really like to buy one online, since Im a lazy bizotch. :D

Yes, stock dp is a joke. very thick walled I doubt its even 2.25 ID. Exhaust side shoots straight into a wall the 90 is so short.

The Downpipes will be available through my Crews website, which will be up by early next year. We are currently in the prototype phase and will be offering two different downpipes, one that fits in the s130 chassis and one that fits in the s30 with l28et conversion. We may also be offering turbo headers with t4 and ex wg flange for L28et based on the one thats being designed for my car.

Yes' date=' stock dp is a joke. very thick walled I doubt its even 2.25 ID. Exhaust side shoots straight into a wall the 90 is so short.

The Downpipes will be available through my Crews website, which will be up by early next year. We are currently in the prototype phase and will be offering two different downpipes, one that fits in the s130 chassis and one that fits in the s30 with l28et conversion. We may also be offering turbo headers with t4 and ex wg flange for L28et based on the one thats being designed for my car.[/quote']

Len I would be interested in both those parts, now that I am in that stage of th e project, keep me updated.

John

Definately work on getting at least a 3" downpipe. Its a tight squeeze but well worth it. You can make one yourself by having a machine shop trace the outline of your mating surface in whatever material you like, then getting a 3" 90 deg. bend, and welding that to your new flange. It shouldn't be too hard. I noticed one heck of an improvement in boost response. At 1/4 to 1/2 throttle if 5th gear, I can open the wastegate :)

Definitely looks like it will be a tight fit in the s130, in the s30 with an NA trans you can go a little more hardcore. What is prefered material, I can have them made in normal exhaust steel material, or ss if prefered. I can set them up for 4bolt t3 or t04e, 4bolt t3 is standard any other flange will be a little extra. I am going to try to set them up so all that will be needed after installation is a straight shot 3" pipe. We are also working on cheaper downpipes for SR20det in S13, and a one off for sr20det in a zcar. Ive seen 20hp increases with smaller downpipes. Sure 3" is overkill, but Im all about overkill. s130 and s30 pipes will be available at the same time, early next year. Anyone interested in a torque arm for L series powered zcars? I am dreaming up a torque arm as we speak.