HybridZ

Stock Datsun hood with vents 1970's or so

zgeezer

Does anyone have a photo of the Datsun optional hood that had a wide "bulge" about the middle with two horizontal slots running lengthwise on both sides of the "bulge". This appears not to be a "scoop", but more of an attempt to vent off underhood heat. There used to be a very short thread on this forum about this hood. If there is one for sale, I'd like to hear about it. Otherwise, I would like a photograph or two that might allow me to fabricate someting very similar from fiberglas.

Thanks.

g

Ivan a.k.a. "Evo" has that hood on his 280Z. It's pretty cool looking up close. His screen name is Ivan280zt. I know he has some pictures he can give you in a PM/e-mail or post here. He is VERY busy though, so have some patience when trying to contact him.

!M!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I are you asking about the Competition Hood Scoop ? I am searching for one also -( I have my brother on the look out for one in Southern California). From the Zhome.com here is diagram

http://zhome.com/History/ComHood.htm

If you take on the task of making one, please include me !! I will pay for the labor and materials !!!!!

Zgeezer,

I see you are in Indio, CA. I am from San Diego, and that is were my brother is looking for the hood scoop. There you use to be a performance shop called Performance World in El Cajon, CA and they had these scoops on the shelves, ( they had quite a bit of Z and 510 Datsun performance parts). I am also checking with the Nissan dealers that have been around for awhile (15-20yrs) because these scoops were also dealer install option to deal with under hood engine heat.