HybridZ

quick quick quick ECU/Haltech/MSD BTM question..

Guest ON3GO

ok guys trying to get my blue Z back on the road.

its gonna be all pretty much new, and i want to keep this engine for a LONG LONG time. im out of money i can spend on this car (atleast for now) and i just need this thing reliable.

now the car has a new fresh L28ET with a few mods here and there but its still running the 77 280Z ECU and harness..

now i think that right there will be a cause of another engine problem in the near future.. it just wasnt ever ment to see boost (i think atleast)..

so what i want is a standalone unit like i have the green Z but yet no money for it..

what i have is a MSD 6-BTM unit already, so all wise ones chime in here for a sec... would it be smart to say just run a fuel only controller along with the 6-BTM unit?

it sorta would be kinda like a ghetto standalone but it atleast would give me the right amount of fuel and spark once boost is on.

am i correct on this??? been up all night :|

heres what i found and what i want to bid on if the turbo guru's and smart guys say its the good idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33553&item=7941017986&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i call dibs though! lol

mike