HybridZ

will the toyota 4x4 s12w calipers fit?

O.k. so the wait is finally over. I have all my parts for the suspention and brakes and i am going to put it all on tomorrow with the help of a member here. Question though..... I have the stock 14" rims on the car and will the vented rotor s12w setup fit on the car? Will I need a spacer? If so what size spacer will I need?

I know this has been done 100's of times and was hoping someone could help me not get stuck. Thanks in advance,

Kyle

I always thought that the 14" rims wouldnt clear the 4x4 calipers and 300zx rotors, so I too bought 15" rims

I surprised myself last week when I tried it. My old 14" x 6-1/2 wide slotted rims fit over the calipers with a 10mm spacer. There was a lot of clearance around the outside, but I did notice that the rim had a slight interference to the caliper on the inner portion of the wheel, close to where the wheel mounting hub is.

It looks like if the spacer were approx 20mm thick then the rims would fit well.

Jeff