HybridZ

Anyone ever tried a Z32TT Trans behind an L-Series motor?

kj280z

just to clear up a few mistakes i noticed:

Z32 TT bell housing has a bit more material on it where the starter mounts... this is due to the TT using a larger flywheel. Everything else is the same.

For some reason the FS5R30A in the 87-89 300ZX is said to handle a bit less power than the Z32 version... not sure why... Z32 version may just be beefed up a tiny bit more or something. I do know the gear ratios are a bit different (which might be why... not sure).

The FS5R90A (borg warner t5) sucks... because its made by borg warner... which sucks... because they can't make good trannies... which sucks for me because my Maxima has a borg warner tranny that never stays together. :lol:

The bell housings of the Z32 tranny aren't seperable from the tranny :( (most like the Z31 FS5R30A is the same way... if not, i'm getting one now :lol: )

that's all that i can think of at the moment. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you guys would be interested... I just weighed the stock nissan t-5 (280zxt) and the z32 tranny (out of a 91 NA)

The Z32 tranny weighs 118 pounds

The Nissan T5 weighs 107.5 pounds

I'll gladly add 10.5 pounds to the car to gain the nice gear ratios and added dependability and strength the Z32 tranny will provide!