HybridZ

whats it worth with or w/o body work?

JaysZ

Unfortunately i need to sell my Z for financial reasons. i would like to ask your honest opinion, what do you think my car would be worth with a new paint job and/or new steel floors and rails. would it be better NOT to invest and sell as is? i'd be putting this on my credit card (with hope that I could make it back and more to help me pay off some crazy debts)

1978 Datsun 280z

5spd transmission, freshly installed a couple months ago

Arizona Z Car 10lb flywheel

Front sway bar, 1 1/8"

Lowering springs (probably MSA or Tokico)

14x7 American Racing rims

E88 head

SU Carbs, round top

8mm silicon spark plug wires

Denso spark plugs

6 into 1 headers

Dynomax Flowmaster muffler, custom 2.5" mandrel bent pipes

extra valve cover

extra transmission

The engine runs STRONG and transmission is smooth but carbs need to be rebuilt or replaced. With the flywheel, it revs like nothing I've driven before!

Car is in shop right now getting floors done. Should I pay for a paint job? Would it raise the value? The interior is gutted and i'm building a custom fiberglass console and armrest. I'm debating whether or not I should put in a Sparco race bucket as well. Thanks for the input, I REALLY NEED THE MONEY since I lost my job.

i'd say it does depend on where you live. Cali cars won't sell for as much as a N.Y. car etc. With fresh paint done well and the floors replaced with all the other goodies maybe 2k plus is my opinion. Is it really worth it though? Even if you got 4K for it you have put so much time into it and one never recoups that financially. But I have a hard time letting things go. I don't think though if you spend 1K on paint if that will increase the value that much. Better to just do the body work yourself, save money that way and prime it good with epoxy primer etc. The next owner would then have a good base car with out you having to recoup as much money. But I don't know much, post some pics though and I am sure there are others with better opinions.

i'm not sure how to post pictures in the thread but i added a link at the bottom to my album. i would like to be able to spend the time doing the body work myself to reduce costs but it is urgent that i get the money asap. i really hate to do this since i really love this car. i forgot to add there is an MSA bumper and carbon fiber steering wheel. Anyway, its all in the pictures. Thanks for your input

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=jkoh1&password=88782176