HybridZ

Another heater blower motor thread

Guest 305240

Guest 305240

Yeah, it's that time again. When I did the search on a heater blower motor upgrade, they mentioned honda Civics and ZX blower motors. There was also a restrictor on the inlet side mentioned. Has anyone ever tried the earlier GEO Tracker blower motors? I used to have a early 90's ragtop one and the blower motor had 4 speeds. When I used the 4th speed, it was like a super charger. I'm assuming it was because of the ragtop and having to overcome the cold and draft inside because of the soft top. If anyone hasn't tried it, I'll head off to the local JY and find one. I'll take my old 240 motor with me and do some compairasons.

Personally I'd go for something newer than the ZX.. I had 3 of those cars, and evry one of them was a cold ride... went through several blower motors too.. I agree the tracker blower will likely be quite powerfull compared to the Z.. but I've found newer hondas to be quite good as well.