HybridZ

Don't think this one has been asked

Guest magnadyne

Guest magnadyne

I did a search, and didn't find anything.

Reguarding fender flairs, is is typical to cut some of the fender away to make room for wider wheels/tires?

I have seen some early z's out there, while the wheel may tuck in behind the flair, the tire has to hit where the stock fender was.

I am sure stiff suspension would help, but I would figure that would only take you so far.

Your thoughts...

refferance pic 1

refferance pic 2

Mag,

Where the inner and outer skins/sheetmetal meets is about where the minimum area is to properly trim out .

Best to lay your flares against the body in position and tape there temporarily. Then take pencil and trace the outer edge line (marking the holes for the flare too) ....then remove.

You'll have a good idea then of where its safe to remove material freehand with my favorite too " the Sawzall" !.Full speed and smooth,one cut too.

Then ..either weld the lips completely shut or use Duramix and Epoxy them sealed or abit of both (personal fav./waterproofed and strong)

Properly undercoat, mount flares and fatty's and burn some rubber with your renewed enthusiasum !!

...........Getalife,Vince