HybridZ

Video of me beatinga z06 :-D

Guest Anonymous

Great, another car for me to be jealous of hail.gif

Very nicely done. Your really beat him off the line; did he miss shift? I wouldnt think he miss shifted as his E.T. was typical of that model Vette. Is your engine a supercharged/trubocharged inliner or is it of the SBC V8 pedigree?

I'm thinking if you do have the V8 and you did beat him off the launch; which you did, how is it he almost caught you at the end?

Did you run out of transmission or have too much gearing? Great run & congratulations on your win.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Awesome, you are running an intercooler now, right? Where are pics of it?

How is the stock clutch holding up?

I bet if you made up your own little tubular turbo elbo you'd flow air right out the back of the turbo a little better. Scotties' down pipe is nice, but if you can fab your own stuff try and find yourself the flange. Scottie had one made up for me, but I think they are harder to come by now.

I forget what size and trim your turbo is, also what sized throttle body? Are you happy with the turbo, or do you think it's too big for you? What sized injectors? Are you running the 280ZXT EFI system?

I know you've stated this stuff else where. My dialup connection is too slow to surf around though. I'd love to see the details on your web site.

I G-Teched my `73 w/L24ET no intercooler at 14.62 @ 97.4mph, but I have a lot of problems with the car. My 3 speed tranny is slipping (over heating), if I'm under boost for a long time in 2nd gear the car quits at 5K RPM (either running out of fuel, ignition prob, or unlikely detonation, which it doesn't sound like), and the car is running rich most of the time. I've got a lot of stuff to figure out, and an intercooler to install and hopefully I'll be in the 13's with ya after I get the bugs out. Oh, I'm running 10 pounds of boost with no detonation at 7.56:1 CR, on pump gas. I think my 5K RPM ghost rev limiter has to do with fuel delivery. I'll put my fuel presure gauge back on the car and make sure. I hope to install a more stout auto tranny, probably the Starion 4 speed w/over drive since it is strong and has like a 3500RPM staul point!!

Keep up the good runs, look foward to seeing what you'll have to do to get it in the 12's. Maybe just some slicks?