HybridZ

Radiator fluid leak into #6 cylinder

Bought this car in December, the previous owner claimed it was rebuilt 10 years ago, but he didn't drive it other than the occasional run around the block. It drove ok when I bought it and got it home.

It ran like a champ, after a 50 mile drive, and about 20 minutes of ideling, the car started sputtering and pouring white smoke out of the exhaust. The #6 cylinder had radiator fluid in it and radiator fluid was dripping out of the exhaust.

After a head gasket change absolutely no improvement, and the old head gasket showed no signs of blowing, flat as can be.

Bypassed the radiator line into the intake manifold, no change.

So I'm betting the head is cracked...

Also, when I replaced the head gasket, both water jackets between 5 and 6 were completely corroded shut on the head side, the block side was clear.

My suspision is that after 10 years without much action the head clogged with corrosion and when I was idleing it for 20 minutes it overheated the rear end of the block.

Now the radiator emptys in about 5minutes all out the enhaust.

I am accelerating my V8 Swap, but I sure would like to know if this happened to anyone else.

Thanks,