HybridZ

Yes, it's true..

SuperDan

• Administrators

you may have heard the rumors :roll:

I am getting back into Z's.

Wife has given me the green light to start my project.

Of course, the first thing I need to do is find one. The 71 240 that I had in storage at my friends house burned up during the fires we had in Oct 2003 so I am Z less :-(

Next, what to do for a powerplant... kicking around alot of ideas, kinda leaning towards joining the RB crowd... hmmm.... choices.

Just thinking out loud :)

Comments, suggestions, opinions are very welcome.

Dan

you may have heard the rumors :roll:

I am getting back into Z's.

Wife has given me the green light to start my project.

Of course' date=' the first thing I need to do is find one. The 71 240 that I had in storage at my friends house burned up during the fires we had in Oct 2003 so I am Z less :-(

Next, what to do for a powerplant... kicking around alot of ideas, kinda leaning towards joining the RB crowd... hmmm.... choices.

Just thinking out loud :)

Comments, suggestions, opinions are very welcome.

Dan[/quote']

So Sorry to hear about the destroyed Z ! That hurts.

The RB aftermarket is slightly loosening up for getting good cams,gaskets,turbos,injectors and such if you wanted to up the HP from 280/320.

I seem to constanly see at least 3 RB26's on Ebay at any given time. 35-5,000$ seems to be the norm. Love to see you go that route.

What is your other choices on your mind ?

..........Vinny

• Administrators

Vintage-TechZ]So Sorry to hear about the destroyed Z ! That hurts.

The RB aftermarket is slightly loosening up for getting good cams,gaskets,turbos,injectors and such if you wanted to up the HP from 280/320.

I seem to constanly see at least 3 RB26's on Ebay at any given time. 35-5,000$ seems to be the norm. Love to see you go that route.

That is what I haved noticed also, hence my renewed interest in that engine :)

What is your other choices on your mind ?
Lets see.

LS1, very cool! but been there done the SBC thing,want to try something different.

Nissan VG30DETT? , hmmm.... looks complicated and big.

Ford 4.6, let's see here, first take a sawzall and cut the entire front end off the car, then.....

BMW V12, yummmy!, but how do you deal with the front sump without making a new front crossmember? Transmission?

Just a few

Dan

Quote (Dan..

BMW V12, yummmy!, but how do you deal with the front sump without making a new front crossmember? Transmission? )

Thats a great one right there......... I was thinking that with twin turbos and low boost and stripped of all the clutter.

Probably would be quite front heavy ....but the highway on-ramps would be worth getting out of bed for ! lol.

I also would think that the light/small high HP SR20DET pushed back in the bay,would make a killer all around performer....autocross,street and srtip too !

If we just had a few more lifetimes !

...........Vince

• Administrators
Thats a great one right there......... I was thinking that with twin turbos and low boost and stripped of all the clutter.
That's what I was thinking also. There is a guy on an 8 series message board that just finished adding a TT setupp to his car, he made somthing like ~450 RWHP with only ~7 psi of boost.

Probably would be quite front heavy ....but the highway on-ramps would be worth getting out of bed for ! lol.

Yeah, as I recall they are arounnd 150lb heavier than the stock nissan L6. I think I might save this one for my 635csi since my wife is going to let me keep it now. From what I have read, it's allmost a drop in conversion.

RB, DO IT! G-Nose like your old car!
You bet! I love the G-Nose cars. I wan't to try my hand a doing custom one-piece tilt front end.... hmmm... need to call my cousin today and get him over here to build my new garage.

I think if i were going to start over again, I would go with the largest, lightest v6 i could find and run lots of boost. It would probably end up being a buick as they seen a lot lighter then the dohc engines. Just need to find a way to make them rev to 6500 at least. Also would have to be a manual trans.

Douglas

I like the sound of a all wheel drive RB powered Z, if you could do that, now that would be something to talk about for ages!!!

You said it EZ-E !

And I can't wait til mine is done too. Its a tough road to go down innitially,but I love to fabricate. The fact that I'm widening the chasis lengthwise by 10" is simply for packaging and a wide stance that I've always felt the Z needed. )IMHO )

I'll have a modified G-nose blended with an R34 lower airdam.

Maybe if enough of us get these S30 RB-z's done ....we can hold events to race them ?

I've been flamed alot about the extra drivetrain weight that the AWD componets add........but the ONLY sheet metal will be the cabin, the rest is all Carbon Fiber.....save for the steel frame and cage.

So this way I'll have the traction "hook-up" and lighter weight than even a modded S30 RB-Z ! I could have 200 less HP than another RB-Z and still cut a quicker light . ( Maybe?)lol.

(OOOps,....I'm writing like this is the "RB Forum" ,sorry !)

Vinny