HybridZ

Dyno vid and chart after the exhaust upgrade

9325dyno_280_Z_007_2_-med.jpg

Dyno run video in the video section of the Gallery. This was a nice increase after fixing the restrictive flow from my headers. The collector was lowered into a horizonal pipe position and the frame rail was notched for the increased pipe diameter to the sidepipe. Next is a pulley change to go from 6lbs to 10lbs boost. I'm glad my R-230 is sitting in the garage.

LARRY

Thanks for the comments.... This is a great engine and tranny. The engine is a heavy duty 4-bolt block with Ductile iron caps. It's balanced and blueprinted, bored and honed with torque plates, block resurfaced/equal decked, line honed with ARP studs. Forged steel crankshaft 3.480 stroke, forged TRW blower pistons 4.030/ plasma-moly rings. ENGLE custom hyd. roller cam, special 441 Chevy heads/ ported and polished, stainless valves, bronze guides/hardened exh. seats and Z28 springs.

TH350 trans with 2200 stall conv./ furnaced brazed, balanced with Torrington needle bearings and Raybestos blue metallic clutches. Transgo shift kit.

I stomped it in first gear the other day and scared the HELL out of myself. I think I'll leave it in drive for now........

Gas mileage????? Don't care........

LARRY