HybridZ

How do I ship a car??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I bought a project car that needs work in Seattle the only problem is that I live in Farmington New Mexico. How do I ship the car from point A-to-B the most cheaply? Any ideas?? Can anyone in the area hold the car until I get things arranged, the guy whats to get rid of it in 20 days. Any help will be apprecaited

Thanks Mark cheers.gif

Guest jwelch

Some major car carriers can ship via train, from one major city to another usually a little cheaper than the truck. I would expect to pay around 750-1000 for shipping. This has been my experience on cost.

Regards,

Guest Tim78zt

Mark, go out to the nearest interstate near your home and find a truck stop (one where they eat, rest and gas up). There will be a bulletin board where drivers leave contact information. Find one that is going to Seattle regularly or post a message yourself asking for a carrier. My brother drives a transport to Denver from Dallas 2 or 3 thimes a week and he says they all look at the board to avoid coming home empty.

Tim78zt

Just do a search on the net for shipping companies and get a few quotes. I shipped a car from Orlando, Fl to Helsinki, Finland and it was ~$850. That was 4 years ago..Funny that it would cost more to ship across the US than across the Atlantic confused2.gif